Family Placement Social Worker
As a Family Placement Social Worker, you will arrange and support family placements by assessment, recruitment, preparation, counselling, advice and assistance.
Family Placement Social Worker (Families that Last)
Salary: £22,704 - £34,407 (Point 30-51)
Our client provides lifelong support to anyone affected by adoption, delivering high quality services to the people who need them. Their reputation is built on over 25 years' experience and they make a real difference to the lives of many. Their innovative and award-winning services include:
- Families that Last, their family finding service for the children who wait longest in the care.
- Therapeutic Adoption Support Services, including SafeBase, their therapeutic parenting programme developed to equip parents with the skills and techniques to parent children who have been adopted from care.
- Birth Ties, which provides advice, support and counselling to birth family members.
- ReUnite, a service to help people reconnect with family members separated by adoption.
- TalkAdoption, for adopted young people to enable them to share experiences and be supported. This also includes a therapeutic residential short break offer.
Our client is an inspirationally led and people-centred organisation with Investors in People (IIP) Gold Award. They are:
- Passionate about making a difference and changing lives
- Creative in their approach
- Vibrant, dynamic and innovative
- Always trying to do things better
- Honest and open
They nurture talent, reward success and value diversity.
Please note: In order to apply for this post you must be a Qualified Social Worker
Under the guidance of the National / Team Manager you will arrange and support family placements by assessment, recruitment, preparation, counselling, advice and assistance. You will also prepare and present reports at meetings attended including Adoption Panel meetings. Planning and implementing programmes for introductions for children and families and co-ordinating post-placement support programmes in line with the Local Authority care plans for children. This will be done in conjunction with their regional adoption support teams as a key requirement.
You must have a minimum of three years post qualifying experience in childcare social work including direct experience of adoption work.
The roles require the successful candidate to have a good working knowledge and an understanding of child development and attachment theory and the various adoption and children legislation.
If you are passionate about helping others and making a difference, and want to play a role in driving forward the work of our client, then get in touch. In return you can expect:
- Matched employers contribution to a group pension scheme (to a maximum of 6%)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Your achievements to be acknowledged through their Reward and Recognition Scheme
- Family friendly policies and flexible working via credit time
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17 August 2017
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will then be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer's website.
Applicants will be subject to vetting checks related to child protection and safeguarding matters. These include references covering a five-year period, medical fitness checks, qualification status/registration, identity checks and Enhanced DBS checks as laid down by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
No agencies please.