Fitter / Electrician (Rail Vehicles) x4
Fitter / Electrician (Rail Vehicles) x4
Superb opportunities available for four contractors with experience in mechanical or electrical engineering, along with working knowledge of rail vehicle heavy maintenance activities, to join the busy Arriva TrainCare depot in Crewe, working on contracts anticipated to last for up to 2 years.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva';
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will the role of Fitter / Electrician entail?
Supporting the Heavy Maintenance activities at the Crewe depot, you will efficiently carry out the overhaul of rail vehicles to laid down standards and procedures, and play an active part in improving product quality. Tasks will include mechanical fitting and / or electrical installations and repairs whilst supporting the wider team with other tasks such as vehicle building - fitting floors, panelling, seating, tables, windows and doors in the interior of rolling stock.
What will I need to be considered as a contractor for this Fitter / Electrician role?
- Be a time served electrical or mechanical engineer with a solid understanding of rail vehicle or aircraft heavy maintenance activities and depot operations
- Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or BTEC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferably gained within Rail Traction and Rolling Stock
- Good understanding of mechanical or electrical engineering with the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
- Superb problem solving and organisation skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Be able to communicate well with other team members
What will I receive in return?
Contractor Rate: £16.14 per hour (Ltd Company)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. 7:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Up to 2 years
Location: Crewe (Cheshire)
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Fitter / Electrician vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Fitter / Electrician (Rail Vehicles) x4
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly