Design Engineer (with SolidWorks proficiency) Birmingham Manufacturing Company
Our technology-driven firm's Design Office, currently has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer. You will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation and process improvement.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Designer, and collaborate with design/purchasing and shop/assembly teams on design projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and innovation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Use SolidWorks 2016 and EPDM to create models and drawings of products
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records
- Research new materials and methods of development
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/purchasing team
- Assist Business Development staff with technical consultations, including Site visits
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience in mechanical design and Manufacturing environment beneficial
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software, essential
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Engineering knowledge of Mechanical Closers, Actuators and Locking mechanisms
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
Remuneration and Conditions
- £Competitive salary subject to skills and experience
- 28 days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays, Work Place Pension Scheme with RIBA
- 42hrs / Week 8am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Interview will consist of a SolidWorks test, a short DISC personality Test and interview with Lead staff members. Any previous Project Work for demonstration would be an advantage.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people searching for the following: Solidworks, Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, Production Process Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Design Engineer, Research and Development, Product Development Engineer Birmingham, Leicester, Wolverhampton, Telford, Stafford, Derby, Redditch, Worcester
Apply for Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly