Curriculum Manager - Vocational Training - HMP Birmingham
Milton Keynes College is working in partnership with HMP Birmingham to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager / Curriculum leader to enhance the delivery of our Vocational courses which include; ITQ, Warehousing, Barbering, Construction Skills (Painting & Decorating, Plastering, Carpentry & Joinery), Vehicle Valeting, Waste & Recycling and Forklift Operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated programme manager / curriculum leader to deliver learner success, through effective leadership within our Vocational Training programme.
This vacancy would suit a highly motivated programme manager that specialises in ITQ, Warehousing, Barbering, Construction Skills (Painting & Decorating, Plastering, Carpentry & Joinery), Vehicle Valeting, Waste & Recycling and Forklift Operations and has a positive can do approach to education and the success of their students. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in Vocational Training and experience of managing a team.
Milton Keynes College operate on three sites within HMP Birmingham, East Education, West Education, and G Wing Education, offering education to both mainstream and vulnerable prisoners.
Education Programmes are developed in partnership with the prison to offer a responsive and relevant curriculum, which includes work experience and work opportunities within the Establishment.
Our vision here at HMP Birmingham is to offer outstanding education to enable effective and purposeful resettlement for all learners on release." "Using Time, not Doing Time."
We want to make a difference to disadvantaged learners, to show that everyone has the potential to achieve and everyone deserves another chance, and the right support at the right time, can be the difference in breaking the reoffending cycle.
As a successful candidate you will:
- A degree or equivalent vocational qualification in ITQ and/or Warehousing, Barbering, Construction Skills (Painting & Decorating, Plastering, Carpentry & Joinery), Vehicle Valeting, Waste & Recycling and Forklift Operations A teaching qualification (QTLS as appropriate).
- Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
- Teaching/training experience in subject area, along with employability and/or PSD, up-to-date knowledge of these subject areas and employer requirements.
- Understanding of the necessary employability skills required in the current UK economy.
- Evidence of providing high quality effective programmes leading to outstanding success.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching and learning.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within the Offender Learning.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Birmingham
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP28,940 - GBP34,327 per annum
Closing date: 27th July
More about the rewards
- 35 flexible days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card and Blue lights card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Access to 'JUICE' the employees' health and wellbeing platform
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
- Plus, many more
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience.
The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education.
In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
Jobs at Milton Keynes College - Whatever your Direction
Milton Keynes College is a committed "safer recruitment" employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
We want to develop a more diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Milton Keynes College is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore require a DBS check.
The College is proactively committed to Sustainable Development through the learning opportunities it delivers, its management of resources and its engagement with communities