Bricklaying Lecturer- HMP Brinsford
We are looking for an experienced Bricklaying Lecturer/Tutor/ Instructor to deliver Bricklaying to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As part of our offender learning team you will help to develop a strong Bricklaying vocational programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated education professional to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Bricklaying. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Bricklaying Tutor, with a can do approach to education.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
HMP YOI Brinsford is a Category C adult male prison as well as a young adults institute. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver relevant courses from Entry Level to Level 2 that help prepare learners for employment upon release.
We are proud to boast the Interserve Academy in Industrial Cleaning; the Academy was set up in partnership with Interserve to support young adults to develop employability skills and gain qualifications leading to employment with the company on release.
In the department we believe the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. We engage the hardest to reach learners and encourage them to take pride in their own education and self-development.
As a successful candidate you will have???
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above) in Bricklaying.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP/ YOI Brinsford
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP18,015 - GBP32,578 per annum
Closing date: 27th July 2017
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
- Plus many more
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education.
In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.