Group Sales Manager
Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Best Western has a field sales opportunity available for a Group Sales Manager to cover the Midlands. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £30,000-£35,000 per annum plus benefits. The role holder can be based anywhere within the region.
The Group Sales Manager will be responsible for the effective management and growth of commercial relationships with existing customers, and the attraction of new customers to Best Western Hotels and Resorts.
About the Company
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Beacon - a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
- Best Western Great Britain "Hotels with Personality" - the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
We have a fantastic, friendly and fun working environment, and we are committed to being a great place to work.
What are the responsibilities of the Group Sales Manager?
- Obtain new clients through networking, prospecting etc
- Take ownership & responsibility of an agreed income through a base of customers
- Contact customers against agreed communication targets to ensure consistent high levels of service delivery and retention of customer accounts
- Ensure account plans and customer information are in place for each customer and are continually updated with all current and relevant information
- Achieve targets for sales growth, revenue, etc.
- Plan new programs to increase business and profits
- Work with the marketing manager for sales initiatives on different mediums like the internet, print and electronic media
- Maintain the existing client base
- Keep an accurate record of the pricings and sales
- Prepare expense reports for the senior management to review
What experience do we look for in a Group Sales Manager?
- Proven track record of effective account management, particularly the development and growth of existing customer accounts
- Experience of successfully achieving business growth targets
- Experience of managing major / key customers, liaising at all levels within the client’s business including senior manager / owner level
- Experience of working within the corporate sales market in the hospitality, leisure or travel industry
- Experience of working in a hotel/sales environment
- Experience within a corporate agency/travel agency
- Good standard of education achieved, with strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A full driving licence, valid for driving in the UK
- Hospitality qualification
- Understanding of the Corporate and Agency markets
- Have a working knowledge of allocations, bed banks and free sale systems
If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career by becoming our Group Sales Manager - Why not click ‘apply’ today?