Payroll implementation Lead
The payroll implementation lead is a functional subject matter expert role, working within HR Operations and substantially involved in delivery of a current project. Highways England is going through exciting change including transformation of the HR function. As part of this, the company is moving payroll services from one third party service provider (using a SAP platform) to another (using a SAFE platform). It is also migrating its core HR data from a third-party managed SAP system to an in-house Oracle Fusion system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expert knowledge of payroll service delivery, guiding the design of employer-side and the specification of provider-side payroll services.
- Prepare HR customers to adopt new ways of delivering compensation and benefits as part of the transformed operating model and payroll service.
- Quality-assure requirements definitions, gather additional information, and recommend improvements to deliver an efficient and effective HR service for compensation and benefits.
- Develop end-to-end processes and procedures (including process boundaries/handoffs) for delivery of compensation and benefits services across the directly operated HR system and third party payroll service, assuring legal and best practice compliance.
- Support the functional specification of the HR system and payroll service, including the migration of current/historic data and interfacing of future HR, payroll and benefits (including pensions) data.
- Develop payroll test cases, manage user acceptance testing and support payroll proving parallel runs.
- Transfer knowledge to HR operations team leaders and members through training design and delivery.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal (eg HR, Finance, IT) and external (eg payroll service provider, HR system vendor, benefit provider) stakeholders.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure project outcomes are met.
- Significant knowledge of payroll processes and systems.
- Experience of managing payroll for a workforce with multiple working/shift patterns and contract types/sets of terms and conditions.
- Experience of working with third party SaaS or managed service payroll service providers.
- Proven success in delivering change in a customer-focussed and agile manner.
- Knowledge of civil service pay and benefits processing.
- Experience with using Oracle and SAP HR databases.
- Foundation Degree in Payroll Management (CIPP) or equivalent in experience.