Title: Electrical/Electronics Engineer
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
An opportunity exists for an Electrical/Electronics Engineer to work in a specialised technology company providing pipeline assessment and inspection products for all utility sectors and based in the Derby area.
A wide range of skills are required; ideally you should have a degree or HND, and experience of the design and PCB layout of analogue / digital electronics. Some experience with writing microprocessor firmware in C and writing Windows software. However, consideration will be given to a candidate who has the basic skills and is willing to learn.
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate to join and advance within a rapidly growing company, working on the design and support of systems that inspect water, oil and gas pipework over long distances using visual, acoustic and ultrasonic techniques. Packages used are MultiSim/Ultiboard for PCB Schematic capture/design, MPLAB, Microsoft Visual Studio and Quartus II for Altera PLDs.
- Experience of C++
- Experience of PCB to software COMMS
- Design, population and repair of PCB’s
- Organising day to day activities
- Research and development into new camera builds, repairs and procedures
- Problem solving
- Generation of working Procedures
- Overall testing of systems and components
- Batch build of items required for build process.
- Implementation of new methods and paperwork for the process of building and testing of units and systems.
- General repairs of equipment, tooling and systems
- Sourcing of new parts and components
- Advisor to managers
- Liaise with suppliers
To apply for this excellent opportunity please forward your CV and covering letter to us by 09 Aug 2017 highlighting your potential and why you should be considered for the role.