1st/2nd Line IT support Technician
1st/2nd Line IT Support Technician
Box Ltd are one of the UK's leading online retailers of consumer electronics and have been trading for over 20 years. We sell online via own our website www.box.co.uk , via online market places and our retail store. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and expanding company.
We have a vacancy to join the IT support team of Box Limited.
The IT Support Technician role is varied - Duties include:
- Support external clients and internal staff with their day to day IT related issues
- Take telephone calls to help clients through setup or resolve issues
- Server and workstation support and trouble shooting.
- Network support and installation
- Server hardware build and configure
- Plan and implementation data backup plan
- Understanding of Azure cloud solution implementation
- understanding of Microsoft 365 migration and integration
- Server upgrade planning and implementation
- Phone system support
- Broadband satellite customer support
- Server rooms maintenance and upgrades
- working knowledge of VM machines setup backup and configure
- Onsite visits to install/configure/troubleshoot
- Setting up new users and dealing with passwords etc
- Resolve any file permission issues/security concerns
Skills and Experience
- Ideally, Microsoft accredited individual.
- Good written English and Grammar skills.
- Good organisation/time management and ability to multi task.
- Need to be enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Previous similar role experience is essential
- Experienced with GPO's active directory and sever migrations
- Virtualization technology experience (Hyper V- VMware)
- Full clean UK DL, own transport is essential
Salary: £15-20K depending on experience.
Type: Permanent, Full Time, 9:00 - 5:30pm, Mon-Friday and some Saturdays depending on work loads.
Location: Sutton Coldfield / Birmingham
If you feel you may be the right person for this fantastic position, feel free to apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting your experience and why you think you are suitable for the role.