Team Leader (Rail Vehicle Light Maintenance)
Superb career opportunity for an engineering professional with excellent people skills and supervisory experience gained within rail vehicle light maintenance. If you'd thrive as part of the quality focused team at Arriva TrainCare, then this role is for you.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva';
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will the role of Team Leader entail?
As a Team Leader, you'll report directly to the Service Delivery Manager and be responsible for overseeing depot operations, personnel and train maintenance activities within the Crewe Depot. Duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Implementing and maintaining safety systems, production efficiency and quality output
- Implementing customer requirements and assisting with continuous improvement innovations
- Assisting in developing competence assessments for team members
- Ensuring the safe movement of vehicles
- Mentoring and coaching team members to ensure job requirements are fulfilled
- Operating rail vehicles as required, within depot operating limits
- Ensuring work locations are fit for purpose and compliant with standards
What will I need to be considered for this Team Leader role?
- Proven experience of working within rail vehicle depot operations
- Full understanding and experience of rail vehicle maintenance activities
- Qualified to a minimum of a City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or BTEC in Engineering, Rail Traction and Rolling Stock preferred
- Strong mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge and the ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of production efficiency techniques
- Driver operator / shunter assessment in relevant class of vehicle is desirable
- Excellent problem solver in a wide variety of project delivery situations against planned delivery dates
- Superb communicator with people management and supervisory skills
Formal training in people management would be advantageous, however not essential.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £38,472 per annum
Attractive Benefits: 26 days annual leave including bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare vouchers.
Working Hours: Average of 40.5 hours per week, 6pm to 6am, working on a 4 on, 4 off shift roster
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Crewe (Cheshire)
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Team Leader (Rail Vehicle Light Maintenance) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Apply for Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly