Regulatory Risk Consultant
Regulatory Risk Consultant
GBP32,944 to GBP41,180 + 10% Completion Bonus
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Fixed Term Contract Until the End Of 2017
Good knowledge of financial services regulation and great relationship management skills? Enjoy analysing information, determining required actions and challenging the business?
Then you may be the Regulatory Risk Consultant we're looking for.
We are the UK's largest Closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of 'Britain's Top Employers 2016' and we are looking for a Regulatory Risk Consultant to join the Compliance Policy and Guidance Team, part of our Group Risk function.
The role is working with the compliance team to ensure the business is informed of relevant regulatory developments, providing assurance to the board that Phoenix is operating within a compliant framework and delivering fair customer outcomes in line with regulatory expectations. We are a complex business, working in a regulatory framework, which is continually evolving.
As a Regulatory Risk Consultant, your role includes responsibility for ensuring Phoenix provides timely, appropriate and accurate information to our Regulators ranging from regular MI reports, through notifications to registrations and permissions updates. You will also play a key role in identifying and analysing regulatory developments with a potential impact on the companies within the Phoenix Group, ensuring appropriate individuals are made aware.
This opportunity offers plenty of variety, interest and potential to expand and develop your experience in financial services and the associated regulatory processes.
- Co-ordinating, analysing and challenging input into regular regulatory returns and ensuring timely submission.
- Being a key stakeholder in the oversight and resolution of identified process weaknesses with the potential to impact on customer outcomes.
- Providing appropriate information to the business regarding regulatory changes and developments.
- Ensuring that information recorded on regulatory registers relating to the Group companies remains up-to-date.
- Providing support regarding changes to Approved Persons and Controlled Functions.
- Providing support to other members of the Regulatory Risk Policy and Guidance Team, ensuring that that the Team operates efficiently and effectively.
What we're looking for:
- Experience of Regulatory Risk / Compliance in the Financial Services sector
- Good technical knowledge of Regulatory principles, rules and guidance, Data Protection Act, and related industry body matters.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and judgment and reasoning, and able to communicate at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks and work on own initiative with limited supervision.
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. Our amazing facilities at Wythall offer free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes???we could go on! We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
To apply, simply click apply now.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 13th July 2017.