Senior Facilities Co-ordinator
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO. Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy.
We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves. But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven.
We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the Senior Facilities Co-ordinator role
The senior facilities co-ordinator is responsible for supporting the Facilities department to ensure that our UK Estate is kept to a high standard and provide a safe, functional and happy place for our people.
You will be pro-active in ensuring & recommending continuous improvement of our UK Estate and Facilities Management department, demonstrating the ability to identify and prioritise site requirements, working with the Facilities Manager, leading and coaching the coordinator team.
Responsible for reporting on productivity, compliance and contract management. Act as a key point of contact for issues and queries and ensure that they are passed to the relevant on-site maintenance or contracted maintenance provider.
Due to the nature of our business, as part of the facilities team you will need to be flexible and available for on call duties, also there is a multi-site requirement therefore a full driving license is required.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Compilation of reports
- Service contract management for all sites
- Job log reporting
- Contractor liaison, contractor management and customer liaison (warehouse managers, office staff, H&S team, etc.)
- Validating and overseeing quotes, purchase orders and invoices
- PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) support and reporting
- Site Inspections
- Standard documents (O & M’s, H & S folders)
- Suggest and implement improvements.
- Ensuring our site standards meet current legislation
- Other ad-hoc duties
- On-call rota
A few things about you
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience within a facilities role working in a fast-paced office environment is essential.
- Supervisory experience required Ability to work under pressure
- Decisive yet methodical
- Customer focused
- Open Communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with people and emergency situations
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve Self-motivated, methodical and highly organised
- Basic Health & Safety knowledge and understand the requirement for RAMS & Insurance from Contractors
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking. We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you.
Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Senior Facilities Co-ordinator apply now!