Residential Childcare Worker- Warwickshire- EBD children's home
Dove Resourcing is currently working in partnership with an established and strong care and education focused business, we are on the lookout for qualified Support Workers to join an EBD children's home in the Warwickshire area.
The company I'm working with provide strategies, support and solutions to some of the most difficult challenges involving children and young people. They work closely with local authorities and professional bodies to ensure that each and every child is placed in an environment that will support their individual and education needs.
They offer a homely environment where, with the right care and dedicated support, every child and young person can fulfil their potential. You would need to understand that every child and young person is individual and unique in their needs. Our client likes to take time to explore every issue that affects an individual and provide a nurturing environment in which their needs are met.
It would be desirable if you held your NVQ 3 in Children young people workforce, however you may also be considered if you have extensive experience in the residential sector.
You would be expected to;
• To provide primary basic care and a nurturing, therapeutic environment to help the child progress.
• To contribute to the normal development of the children and young people through the provision of a healthy lifestyle to enable them to reach their fullest potential by providing a variety of stimulating activities and a consistent and caring adult model.
• To work with consistent boundaries in order to create safety for the children and young people.
• To be a positive role model for the child and practitioners and encourage both to develop meaningful relationships and attachments.
• To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the children and young people are monitored and protected and have their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met.
• To be aware of the children's rights and to work in an anti-discriminatory and anti- oppressive manner.
You would be expected to completed a mixture of early late and sleep ins, you would need to be fully committed to be able to complete 24hr shifts.
The salary hourly rate is between GBP8.15- GBP8.65 plus GBP20 per sleep in completed.
If you're on the lookout for a Support Worker vacancy based within an EBD children's home please do contact Millie Parker at Dove Resourcing- /
Dove Resourcing is a specialist social care recruitment agency working exclusively with care staff seeking permanent jobs in the care sector. We work throughout the UK supplying staff to both adult & children's care organisations from support workers to registered managers - so if you are considering a move, or if you just want to keep an eye on the market, do get in touch for a confidential conversation.