Fantastic opportunity for a passionate SysAdmin to join a forward thinking and dynamic design and development company. You will be responsible for maintaining the organisation's servers, ensuring that they run smoothly and working with Developers to support the deployment of new applications and systems.
Suitable applicants would include professionals with at least 5 years experience and a thorough knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software. It is important for you to have a good problem-solving mentality, with a high level of initiative and excellent communication skills.
- Installation of web servers using Apache/Nginx/PHP/MySQL etc.
- Managing multiple servers to maintain system uptime, performance, resources and security
- Monitoring, scaling and optimizing web applications
- Maintaining server backups and recovering data
- Automation of routine processes
- Servers OS and package updates and upgrades
- Updating WordPress core, plugins and templates
- IT service continuity testing
- Domain and DNS administration
- Set??up development environment for staff
- Supervise staff and offer technical support for projects.
Very Good Knowledge of:
- Solutions architecture
- Server Virtualisation & Hardening
- Knowledge of Linux (LPI certification desirable)
- SSH server and SSH keys
- Chef - write recipe from scratch, configure nodes and deploy (Puppet or transferable experience with another configuration management tool.
- Cloud Platforms inc. Linode and AWS services
- Solid understanding of networking principles, TCP/IP, DNS (all aspects)
- Experience of firewall configuration and network services such as DHCP, VPNs, proxy services, etc.
- Filesystem, Database & System Backups
- Bash scripting / Shell scripting skills and/or configuration management skills.
- Debugging & complex bug fixing
- Cron jobs
- MySQL administration and configuration including replication
- Configuring and optimising Apache, PHP and Nginx
- Patching WordPress, Drupal and other CMS
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- HA Proxy Load Balancing setup and management
- Install & configure Git
- Ruby (required for chef), Python (using PIP), Java and PHP
- Gluster file server
- Memcache and x cache
- Pear modules
- Nagios Monitoring
- Disaster Recovery software
- Competitive salaries
- From 25 to 28 days annual leave
- Staff bonus structure
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Great working environment with a lively and energetic team
- Kick-ass Christmas Party
- Fun company culture
- Life insurance
- Flexible working
Click to apply