UK - Mechanical Design Engineer - Senior
1 day left
- Full Time
Here is a chance to join one of the most globally known pharmaceutical organisations, who is looking to hire a Mechincal Design Engineer Senior based in Beeston, UK. This job will be working a top 10 pharmaceutical company that works across a range of industries from medical devices to pharmaceutical and consumer goods, operating in over 60 countries.
Mechanical design is primarily concerned with ensuring that form, fit, function and both ease of use and of manufacture are satisfied during the product design process. The unambiguous and comprehensive conveyance of all information/data, required to manufacture products cost effectively is a fundamental and core responsibility. The accurate capture and translation of stakeholder needs into innovative, novel and robust design solutions that have been verified and validated appropriately is also a central activity for ensuring the quality of product designs.
- Ensure that engineering designs are safe, effective and appropriately verified. Scope includes externally generated designs, 3-D models and drawings; ensuring that data conforms to company standards and worldwide Regulatory requirements
- 3D-CAD modelling and detail in accordance with ISO/ASME and company standards including the use and understanding of, for example, Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing & weld specifications.
- Participate in the systematic review of function and value analysis
- Orchestrate and participate in Design FMEAs
- Assumes responsibility for own design commitments delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans.
- Take ownership of design related engineering changes, working with other project team members to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner
- Interact effectively with all levels of company management, surgeons, academics, manufacturing and design vendors
- Contribute to the creation and improvement of company procedures
- Convert ideas into patent memos and filed patents
- Aware of legal and ethical implications of customer facing activities
Skills and Requirements:
- Possess a technically relevant minimum BEng or BSc Degree (MEng preferred), plus 2 years of appropriate mechanical design/engineering experience.
- Design experience from within the medical device field, is not a pre-requisite for the Design Engineer; all product design experience is valued.
- Ability to perform the necessary engineering calculations or simulations that verify detail design and minimise physical testing
- Possesses an understanding of materials (surgical instrument materials and biomaterials), with the ability to rationalise appropriate selection criteria
- Possesses an appreciation of the implications of mechanical design, both during surgery and following the implantation of a medical device
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nisha Patel on or upload your CV on our website - .
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.