Antibodies and Biological Products Supervisor
On behalf of our client, a world-wide provider of scientific expertise and research, Agenda are looking to recruit a Supervisor to manage both an Antibodies and Biological Products Business Unit. The successful candidate will report to the Site Manager and be responsible for the supervision of the Biological Laboratory and Antibody Facility staff and manage these areas in adherence to the requirements of the company and ASPA regulations.
This position is fixed term for 12 months initially
- Home Office modules 1 to 3 is essential, module 5 would be advantageous
- Institute of Animal Technology level 2 or working towards this
- Experienced PPL holder is desirable
- Experience of working within a laboratory and performing procedural techniques on multi- species
- Proven experience of leadership within a similar environment
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as good communication, organisation and presentation skills
- Experience of antibody production working and blood tissue sample processing techniques is desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the operational excellence of both units and achieve all performance targets
- Be the main point of contact for the programme management group and sales for both units
- Present the departments to the customer wherever required
- Leverage the maximum synergy from both units
- Ensure all activities are compliant with H&S legislation, ASPA requirements and Home Office guidance
- Report all key metrics and standards in a monthly operations report and to the clients' format where required
- Provide support to all areas of the company, Biological Products, Antibody Production, Contract Breeding and Health Monitoring, in the form of risk assessments, compliance and welfare.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.