Care Worker - Residential
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Residential Care Worker to join Care Today, working with children at private Children's Home in North Staffordshire.
Care Today was established in 1991 and continues to rapidly develop, providing residential care services across many parts of the UK. As a family run business, Care Today's culture is supportive and flexible, investing a lot into staff development and training. There are opportunities for progression within the company for the right people, all the way up to management level with full training provided by the sister organisation Training 2 Care.
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with children in a residential care setting, providing day to day support, guidance and activities to children and teenagers. Role provides on the job training (including Level 3 Diploma) and opportunities for progression as well as flexible shift work.
As a Residential Care Worker, your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide day to day support, care and guidance to children and teenagers in a residential care setting
- Encourage young people to succeed and progress through education and other activities
- Work as a team with other members of staff to provide a consistent, supportive and caring environment for young people
- Assist with transportation of young people to various appointments and activities where required
- Maintain the children's home to a suitable standard ensuring that it remains a welcoming and safe environment for young people to live in, which will include regulatory and required paperwork
- Work closely with young people to achieve personal goals and objectives and address any issues as and when they arise, working with other professionals where required / appropriate.
An ideal Residential Care Worker will have the necessary Skills & Qualities:
- Ability to work with young people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Ability to cope with and respond to challenging behaviour in a constructive way
- Good communication skills
- Able to work within a team
- Able to support young people and colleagues with a positive attitude
- Willing / able to take part in normal activities with young people (e.g. cinema, shopping etc.).
Residential Care Worker Requirements:
- Requires shift work, including nights and weekends
- Full driving licence
- Applicants must be over the age of 21 for Regulatory reasons
- Must be willing to complete mandatory training, including Level 3 Diploma for Children & Young People's Workforce (provided and paid for by the employer)
- Previous experience is not necessary but would be seen as an advantage
- Applicants must undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check prior to start of employment (cost met by employer) and full references will be taken
Full time and bank contract positions are available.
In return for this you will receive a starting salary up to £19,000 - £20,000 including night allowances.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 961811126 / INDLP