SEN Teaching Assistant
We are looking for experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for the Shrewsbury Area of Shropshire. Working for a provider of specialist education for Children with complex needs. Working with children between the ages of 10-18 years of age. You will be passionate about supporting young people to achieve and that they are valued and clearly see the high expectations we have of them.
Salary £14'140 - £22'170 per annum pro-rata Depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full Time (Educated Contract)
As an SEN teaching assistant, you will support teachers and help the children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. You will have an integrated approach to their education working with all the staff team and tailoring your approach to the individual's needs. You will be familiar with using positive role modelling, behaviour management techniques and intervention strategies. The young people we support work towards individual educational targets which are reviewed and monitored on a regular basis. Duties will include:
- Supporting an appointed child with their studies.
- Encouraging the children during their lessons.
- Helping the child complete tasks
- Helping the Teacher to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting the child in managing their behaviour in class
- Looking after the child when they are upset
- Preparing and tidying away materials and equipment
- Taking part in training
- Helping with outings and sporting events.
- Carrying out administrative duties
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of working with Children in a positive way and working with children with special needs is essential. A qualification of Level 2 Award in Support Work in School; or Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in School would be desirable.
If you are interested in applying for the position of SEN Teaching Assistant and you are living close to or relocating to the Shrewsbury Area we would love to hear from you.