Technical Manager / Chief Metallurgist
Job Title: Technical Manager / Chief Metallurgist
Salary: Up to GBP45K, bonus, car, & pension
Key phrases skills or sectors relating to this role include; Metallurgy, metallurgical, Metallurgist Technical, Manager, Processes, Quality, Steel, Metals, ferrous, non-ferrous
A high flying and rapidly developing specialist engineering group, our client has a prestigious list of global manufacturing clients.
This renowned manufacturer of a bespoke range of metal products, sells into a variety of industries. They pride themselves on their ability to respond to their client's changing needs through; technical innovation, commercial astuteness and a genuine desire to deliver above and beyond the customer's own expectations.
Reporting directly into the MD, your role is to develop and implement technical metallurgical processes, ensuring; excellence in new product development (NPD), their place as a market leader and superb quality standards. You will interact with suppliers of external equipment and raw material, as well as a global customer base and all key functions within the business.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the technical team responsible for the testing & reporting of production material and processes.
- Ensure preventative testing and plant analysis are completed.
- Monitor process efficiency, to optimise processes, reduce costs.
- Manage and develop raw material specifications and supply process routes.
- Lead the supplier approval and improvement process.
- Work with customers both in response to their problems and requests, but also proactively as part of a sales process.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a graduate in metallurgy (or related discipline), or be of graduate calibre with practical experience, relevant vocational training, and qualifications in a metallurgically based discipline.
While relevant training in products and processes will be given, you will have held a similar role to that detailed above for a least five years.
The role also requires the ability to self-manage and requires strong communication and problem solving skills.
If you fit the bill as described above, please apply on line with your full CV to Paula Ball.
Ideal living locations for this role include; West Bromwich, Birmingham, Coventry, Redditch, Worcester, Tamworth, Dudley, Walsall, Woverhampton, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire