Supply Painting & Decorating Lecturer- HMPYOI Brinsford
Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team at HMPYOI Brinsford are seeking experienced Lecturers to cover Painting & Decorating courses within a diverse curriculum.
This is an exciting time for prison education and this is a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a variable hours tutor covering part and full time hours.
The successful candidate will be passionate and dedicated to teaching Painting & Decorating courses with the flexibility to be scheduled to work on an ad-hoc basis.
You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding E&D and Employability is essential in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
HMP YOI Brinsford is a Category C adult male prison as well as a young adults institute. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver relevant courses from Entry Level to Level 2 that help prepare learners for employment upon release.
Our vocational pathways include Barbering, Professional Cookery and Barista, Horticulture, Construction, Recycling, PC Repair, Bicycle Mechanics, Industrial Cleaning and Radio Production. English and Maths Functional Skills are compulsory for rehabilitating offenders and we have provision at Entry 1 to Level 2.
As a successful candidate you will have;
- A relevant degree or equivalent Painting & Decorating qualification
- A full teaching qualification (DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed)
- Teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
Location: HMPYOI Brinsford
Hours: Sessional / Ad-hoc
Salary: GBP23.52 (per delivery hour)
Closing date: Monday 17th July 2017
Interview date: 27th July 2017
More about the rewards
- Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card & Blue Lights Card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme
- Just Add Fuel Car Salary Exchange Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
- Plus many more???
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience.
The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education.
In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.