Experience & Heritage Gallery Coordinator
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Experience & Heritage Gallery Coordinator
Salary: £18,900 circa
Belong Newcastle is our latest state of the art village due to open on Lower Street in February 2018 and we are now starting to recruit to some key positions over the coming months. The village will provide nursing and dementia care facilities and boast an extensive village centre and a unique Heritage Gallery housed in the historic Grade II listed building which is being funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The Belong Heritage Gallery will be integrated within the village centre and will aim to link past and present through shared memories, experiences and reminiscence. It will also be the base for our Experience Days service and we are seeking an inspirational and enthusiastic individual who will champion this specialist day care service, and who will fully develop the potential of the Heritage Gallery in the wider community and as a Centre of Excellence for people living with dementia.
• Maximise customer engagement throughout the village across a range of services to promote wellbeing, activities, Experience Days, the Heritage Gallery and community events
• Promote a culture where meaningful occupation takes place through a holistic approach to ‘activities'
• Provide an Experience Day service for the wider community that is engaging, effective and caring
• Organise, coordinate and facilitate a range of lifestyle activities that provide variety and stimulation
• Experience of supporting older people to achieve their goals in any environment
• Experience of providing support to people in a health / social care environment and can demonstrate transferable skills
• Strong customer care and communication skills
• Ability to run a range of occupational, therapeutic and social activities including cooking, dancing, exercise etc.
• Experience of promoting engagement with heritage through a range of activities
Benefits include 28 days holiday, Pension, discounted meals and a great working environment
For further info contact Mel Saywell on 07918 720900.
Apply online to be forwarded to our website.
Closing date: 10th July at noon. Interviews: 20 July in Crewe