Konecranes has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to join their team based in Ashby De la Zouch. You will be employed on a full time permanent basis, with a competitive salary of £18,000 per annum plus 10% performance bonus.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. Konecranes provides productivity-enhancing lifting solutions as well as services for lifting equipment of all makes. In 2016, Group sales totalled EUR 3,278 million. The Group has 17,000 employees, at more than 600 locations in 50 countries.
Konecranes UK is a multi-branch environment with 11 branches nationwide and 2 Equipment Factories and has over 500 employees. The sales turnover is approximately £78 million.
A Credit Controller is required to join the finance team based in the Castle Donington office (DN74 2US), then moving to our new offices in Ashby De La Zouch LE65 1NF (in September) on a permanent basis. The selected person will report to the UK Credit Manager.
About the Credit Controller include role
Working closely with two other Credit Controllers and the Credit Manager, you will be expected to ensure the timely collection of receivables in accordance with the company’s credit terms. You will gain experience in all aspects of credit control with the aim to reduce DSO’s, minimise bad debts and maximise cash flow.
Duties will include:
- Proactive chasing of debts to ensure on time payment
- Collection of overdue debts from initial phone calls/emails through to issuing legal proceedings
- Maintaining Credit Limits using Credit Safe.
- Managing Stop List
- Recording and resolution of sales invoice queries, working closely with the 11 service branches
- Reviewing Customer Trend Analysis with Credit Manager
Skills needed to become our Credit Controller
- A keen interest and willingness to gain knowledge in Credit Control
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- A polite, confident and assertive telephone manner
- A well organised, enthusiastic and motivated person
- Good IT Skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in using SAP is preferable but not essential as full training will be provided
- A basic Business/Accounting knowledge/ 1 - 2 years’ experience
What we offer
Konecranes is committed to the personal development of all employees and can proudly confirm that this position includes a host of benefits. A remuneration/benefits package is offered including a competitive base salary, contributory pension, bonus scheme, life assurance scheme, employee share save plan and along with excellent company working practices.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Credit Controller then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!