Fancy being part of something big?
The West Midlands Pensions Fund works with over 500 employers across the region to deliver information and benefits to over 290,000 members.
Working at the Fund, a substantial regional fund within the Local Government Pensions Scheme, one of the largest defined benefit pension schemes in the world, employees have a wealth of opportunities to develop and shape service delivery. Be part of a team striving for top performance and evolving to meet the challenges of scale and increasing complexity whilst continuing to deliver value to our members and stakeholders.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Systems Analyst, with prior experience of pension administration systems, to join the Systems & Business IT Team of the West Midlands Pension Fund.
Duties will include:-
• Being responsible and accountable for providing ICT co-ordination for the whole pension service, including the all systems administration tasks, software release installations and the workload supervision of System Support Officers.
• Responsible for IT systems design, development and implementation of system enhancements to support new / revised pension administration processes, and key time critical projects. Personal involvement will span all aspects from project management through to undertaking implementation activities.
• Planning and managing of annual bulk processing schedules (eg. Pension increases, benefit statement, production)
• Undertaking bulk data analysis, validation and reconciliation of various pension data extracts.
• Using SQL and Microsoft tools to provide statistical information and data reports to Heads of Service, senior managers and external bodies.
The successful applicant will be experienced in:
• Understanding and interpreting pension legislation relating to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Providing IT support to packaged application systems (ideally Civica UPM2 or another pension administration system).
Using Oracle SQL and Microsoft tools to undertake complex analysis, validation and reconciliation of pension data extracts.
Closing date for applications is 7 July 2017
We will notify you of the outcome of your application as soon as possible after the closing date.
If you are interested in this position please click the APPLY button!