Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm + Saturday mornings
Our client has identified a role for an automotive industry experienced Automotive Assistant to join their team, working between their office and body shop on a full-time basis.
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual with experience in an automotive environment to begin a career in a thriving business. This is a very hands on role so you need to by physically fit as you will be helping out with manual tasks in the body shop.
What will you be doing?
As Body Shop Office Assistant, you will be the main point of contact in informing, identifying and assisting customers on vehicle issues, advise on processes and timescales for repairs.
Your daily roles and responsibilities will be extremely varied and no two days will be the same, so you will never get bored of the same repetitive job day in day out.
Your tasks will vary and will include:
• Understanding customer concerns and liaising with Technicians
• Manual tasks (i.e pushing driveable / undriveable vehicles etc.)
• Advising customers about any additional work required
• Greeting customers and scheduling services
• Estimating time and costs associated with repairs
• Handling customer complaints
• Responding to customer requests
• Tracking vehicles through the body shop
What skills and experience will you need to be considered?
• Full clean driving licence
• Experience as within an automotive environment as Vehicle Technician, Mechanic, Customer Service Advisor or Bodyshop is essential for you to be able to easily and confidently identify car parts, faults and diagnose issues
• Confidence is a must and the dynamic ability to adapt to any given situation, use your own initiative and communicate excellently with both customers, suppliers and colleagues
• Due to the nature of the role, candidates will need to be physically fit, as some manual tasks (i.e pushing driveable / undriveable vehicles etc.) will be involved in this role as you will work between the body shop / your desk on a 50/50 basis
• A natural friendly attitude in order to speak with Customers, Drivers, Bodyshop Manager, Insurance companies etc via phone and electronically
Our client has been providing high quality repairs for over 20 years and they are committed to providing quality workmanship and strive to be the leading repairer within the industry, ensuring their customers receive the highest quality of repair and customer service.
Their accident repair centre specialises in new and used vehicle body repairs and paintwork and is currently undergoing extensive refurbishment and modernisation.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Automotive Assistant job click ‘apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.