Children's Home Manager
Are you a passionate Children's Home Manager in Shrewsbury, Shropshire eager for a new opportunity? Do you want to help children and young people achieve their goals and aspirations?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading provider of therapeutic residential support for individuals aged 10 - 17 with complex needs. You will be joining a family run organisation who go the extra mile for every young person they support. They offer safety and stability to those who may have suffered physical or mental abuse, helping them overcome their complex needs when they may have nowhere else to turn.
As a Children's Home Manager, you will provide leadership and support to your staff team to ensure high quality therapeutic care is delivered to the young people you support. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Strategic planning for developments within the home, and day to day management
- Supervisions, appraisals and supporting the staff team daily
- Organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person
- Identifying ways to support the children to enable them to develop, thrive and fulfil their potential as individuals
- Overseeing shift rota system to the benefit of the smooth running of the home
- Enabling young people to have access to home visits and appointments etc
As a Children's Home Manager, you will show resilience, dedication to effectively support each individual through the good and the bad. You will have the passion to make every day count to boost positive outcomes for all. You must also have the following:
- Professional social work qualification: DipSW CQSW OR a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare, or equivalent
- Have several years' experience in residential childcare management
- An excellent working knowledge of the quality standards as regulated by OFSTED
- A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel and work shifts
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, car allowance, excellent bonus scheme, as well as ongoing support and training. If you are interested please click on ‘Apply' and we will contact you to discuss further.
Apply for Children's Home Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly