Quality Officer / Compliance Executive - Manufacturing
Job Title: Quality and Compliance Officer
With over 30 years' experience and a genuine passion for sleep, they're Britain's leading bed specialist, providing customers with everything they need for a great night's sleep.
With suppliers and business partners based globally, they also manufacture their own products within the UK. As part of their continued growth, they have a great opportunity for an experienced Quality & Compliance Officer, based at their Factory in Oldbury.
Reporting directly to the Quality & Compliance Manager and working with the company's suppliers to deliver quality products. Ensure products are safe to use and "fit for purpose". Improve quality systems and conduct due diligence checks. Work with both the factory and commercial teams to deliver new products to agreed critical path time lines. You'll visit suppliers and work with them on new product development, carry out technical audit as and when required to strengthen their technical and ethical capabilities.
- Assess products in respect of safety and legal requirements (as defined by the company).
- Ensuring quality standards/procedures are adhered to and any corrective action are communicated.
- Ensure products are "fit for purpose" from the point of view of their customers.
- Manage any testing of products and ensure that technical documentation is completed.
- Ensure any issues are resolved promptly in line with our critical timelines.
- Work closely with the Merchandisers and Buyers to make sure that the technical tasks are completed in line with the critical Path.
- Actively work with suppliers to ensure any remedial work is carried out effectively and promptly (for new and existing products).
- Ensure that the manufacturing units meet the company's Technical and Ethical standards and contribute to the ongoing development of the company's supplier's.
- Host supplier meetings and feedback findings.
- Ensure all Quality information is accurate and ensure any concerns relating to quality are passed back to appropriate departments in a clear and concise format.
- Manage testing and due diligence checks and ensure they are within the agreed budget.
- Collating, interpreting and reporting data from Audits carried out to support the business objectives.
- Ensuring Corrective & preventative Action plans (CAP) are implemented in a timely and effective manner with agreed timescales.
- Understand product legal requirements.
- Control & Manage the Legal and Due-Diligence requirements for Fire testing.
You'll have proven experience as a Quality Officer preferably gained within a retail manufacturing capacity, along with a sound understanding of health & safety. You'll be highly organised, self-motivated, methodical, and have a good eye for detail. You will need to be competent in MS Office and Excel, with the ability to conduct accurate reporting, evaluation and documentation. Building strong relationships will be fundamental to the success of this role whilst delivering quality based solutions.
It's a great place to work, where everyone works as a team, a place where they recognise and celebrate success.
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with experience of; Quality Development Manager, Compliance Assistant, Quality Coordinator, Quality Supervisor, Product Quality Manager, Compliance Manager, Quality Assurance, Health and Safety Manager, Safety Environment Manager, Compliance Officer, Quality Assurance Manager, QA Manager, Continuous Improvement, Compliance Executive, Improvement Manager, Business Development, Quality Overseer will also be considered for this role.