Customer Claims Handler
Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs. We're passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There's a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
The purpose of this role is to investigate, negotiate and settle claims within agreed authority level, in accordance with Company and regulatory requirements whilst providing a high standard of customer service. Additionally, it is to provide support, guidance and training to less experienced team members / trainees and other team members as required.
o Liaises with underwriters where necessary and ensures application of appropriate clauses, endorsements, conditions etc.
o Handles claims proactively in accordance with agreed authority to deliver a high quality claims service.
o Ensures claims are correctly reserved and are settled in accordance with settlement guidelines.
o Pays valid claims ensuring the proper application of policy limits and excesses.
o Handles allocated internal tasks such as inactivity and diaries ensuring that all are dealt with within applicable time limits.
o Participates in the audit processes contributing to the development of individuals and teams and the achievements of the Claims Handling Centre and Team targets.
o Handles referrals from trainees adopting a coaching style and provides training to develop other team members.
Previous telephony and customer service experience is essential - Full technical training will be given
* Insurance experience is desirable.
* You will have a 'can do' attitude, flexible approach, passion about doing a good job, the ability to work to daily targets, and the ability to demonstrate that you are a team player.
Task planning - ensure that all customer enquiries are responded to within defined standards and deadlines and follow up tasks are carried out.
* Decision making: You will operate up to the limits of your own personal authority.
* Customer Service: You will get customer service requirements right first time.
* Communication skills: You will display a helpful and friendly confident telephone manner. You will speak clearly and professionally, and be easily understood.
* Innovation: You will seek to find solutions to problems with support as appropriate. You will also adapt to change in role and processes in a positive way.
* Technical skills: You'll ensure your own knowledge and understanding of all relevant Compliance and Regulatory rules and processes are kept up to date.
Salary: GBP18300.00 - GBP21300.00 per annum + Pension and bonus. Date posted: 15/06/2017