Supply Lecturer- Milton Keyes College Offender Learning
Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team are seeking experienced Lecturers to cover Functional Skills English, Maths & IT courses within a diverse curriculum.
This is an exciting time for prison education and this is a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a variable hours tutor covering part and full time hours.
The successful candidate will be passionate and dedicated to teaching Functional Skills English, Maths & IT courses with the flexibility to be scheduled to work on an ad-hoc basis.
You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding E&D and Employability is essential in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
Across the East Midlands we offer our learners a wide of range of subjects including vocational trade courses such as Bricklaying, Painting & decorating, Motor Vehicle, Carpentry, and of course other subject areas such as Business, Art, Catering, Industrial Cleaning and Rail Track.
These vacancies fall within the East Midlands area and cover 7 prisons from HMP Ranby to HMP Stocken.
As a successful candidate you will have???
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- A full teaching qualification (DTTLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Teaching/training or vocational experience in a relevant discipline/subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- The ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A good level of IT literacy and willing to develop further.
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
Location: East Midlands
(HMP Gartree, HMP Leicester, HMP Nottingham, HMP Ranby, HMP Stocken, HMP Sudbury, HMP Whatton)
Hours: Sessional / Ad-hoc
Salary: GBP23.52 (per delivery hour)
Closing date: 10th July 2017
Interview date: August 2017
More about the rewards
- Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Just Add Fuel Car Salary Exchange Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
- Plus many more???
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience.
The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3, - 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education.
In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 28 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.