Interim Head of Legal - Pharma
I am currently looking for an interim head of legal to work for a medical client of mine based in Staffordshire.
The candidate will have a strong legal background with 10+ years experience. Experience within the Medical or Pharmaceutical space is a must for this role.
- Support the Group Company Secretary in helping to maintain the corporate risk register staying abreast of legal developments affecting the organisation and incorporating such developments into the organisations practices
- Manage and advice on threatened or actual litigation in consultation with insurers, the Group Company Secretary, other internal lawyers and external legal counsel where appropriate. Maintain a register of claims
- In conjunction with the Group Company Secretary advise key stakeholders on legal priorities, (corporate governance and other relevant regulations and legislation) and support training & compliance work as needed
- Regularly report on progress with work streams to the Group Company Secretary, and escalate any issues requiring the Group Company Secretary's support or Board level involvement
- Ensure contracts are in place for all services identified by the business, including maintaining best practice templates for SLA's and other core legal documents for all NHS clients
- In conjunction with Group Company Secretary assist in the development and administration of internal guidelines, tool-kits, and packaged knowledge on various legal issues including anti-bribery, data protection issues and competition law compliance
- Assume delegated responsibility for ensuring statutory and internal registers are maintained for UK operations and relevant international businesses
- Manage the Group's property portfolio, and offer advice on how best to utilise these assets
- Deliver best in class operational procedures/practices in relation to relevant legal processes