Administrator (6 Month FTC)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Administrator (6 Month FTC) to join our Living Places business unit to work in Derby
What you'll be doing
As an Administrator (6 Month FTC), you will:
- Enter data into Mayrise, maintaining a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
- Answer the telephone within the company guidelines and to the standard required and deal with customer calls. To log faults into the asset management system.
- Ensure that all maintenance data is entered into the system in an accurate and timely fashion, including but not limited to, electrical tests, bulk change, cleans and visual inspections and any other relevant information as required.
- Assist with internal meetings by booking rooms, organising lunches and refreshments as required and dealing with visitors in a professional manner.
- Work closely with maintenance to provide support and to ensure that penalties for faults are consistently kept to the absolute minimum.
Who we're looking for
- Have good administration and time management skills
- Have strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Be PC literate including knowledge of MS office
- Have a good technical understanding of administrative systems, procedures and processes
- Have excellent attention to detail & self-motivated
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic 'place shaping' agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the 'road' to deliver the potential of the 'street': a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
We are also Silver Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.