Senior Quantity Surveyor
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work across the West Midlands
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
- Be accountable for the activities of any directly reporting quantity surveying staff, including mentoring junior members of the team, and provide advice and guidance to other members of the team and to Project Directors/Managers, as required
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
Who we're looking for
- Have substantial previous experience in Quantity Surveying within a relevant business environment and hold valid CSCS card
- Be a member of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
- Have a sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Have significant knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
We are also Silver Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.