About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our Living Places business unit to work in Derby.
What you'll be doing
As a Estimator you will:
- Be responsible for providing accurate deliverable quotations for new works including whole life costing to ensure sustainable business growth
- Develop, agree and maintain a clear work winning pipeline, which includes a clear plan for ensuring increased profit margin for the business area
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external clients, both new and current
- Ensure a cohesive project team approach with multi-disciplinary functions
- Ensure technical, health and safety and quality compliance
Who we're looking for
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship development skills
- Have good commercial awareness with a proven knowledge of pipeline management
- A proven successful track record in client negotiation
- Have a high level of organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic 'place shaping' agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the 'road' to deliver the potential of the 'street': a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
We are also Silver Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.