IT Support Manager
Working hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Package: Competitive Salary, pension and excellent benefits package
Purpose of the Position:
To support the Head of IT to deliver and maintain MVV’s IT systems in the UK. The post holder will be expected to be involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations, delivering I.T. system support to users (both in the UK and in Germany). This role encompasses the hardware infrastructure as well as the software systems used by MVV in the UK.
MVV Umwelt GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MVV Energie AG, has more than 40 years of experience in operating decentralised waste disposal and energy generation plants. Our Group now manages incineration capacity of about 1.5 million tonnes of household and commercial and industrial waste and waste timber a year and is therefore one of the market leaders in the generation of energy from waste. With its extensive expertise in generating energy from waste and its investment strength, our Group entered the UK market in 2008. MVV is contracted to the South West Devon Waste Partnership to operate and maintain an Energy from Waste CHP Facility in Devonport, Plymouth. We also operate and a Biomass Facility in Ridham Dock, Kent and are currently bidding for a project in Dundee.
- Support MVV UK users and provide training and development on the use of the MVV UK systems.
- Assist German colleagues to access UK IT systems/data
- Administration of telephone systems
- Develop, implement and maintain a ‘plant-wide’ wireless solution
- Management of the Office365 subscription and the Egnyte cloud storage solution
- Management of the backup services and the disaster recovery solutions
- Manage the internal domain including users and access rights
- Provide support, in a friendly and courteous manner, to personnel to resolve day-to-day issues pertaining to the IT systems
- Act on their own initiative to resolve user issues where possible
- Liaise with external support providers to ensure the timely resolution of support issues
- Arrange new PC/laptop builds with assistance from local service providers
- Manage tasks based on current projects and workload.
- 5+ years’ experience in the delivery and support of IT systems
- Good general level of education
- Familiarity with hardware anti-virus and firewalls
- Good knowledge of virtualised environments
- Able to adopt a systematic approach to tasks
- Attention to detail
- Experience of supervising installation of hardware/infrastructure components
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Willingness to work flexibly, including out of hours where necessary
- Friendly, self-motivated and keen to learn
- Able to prioritise workload
- Must be willing to travel throughout the UK as required
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities are required within the role.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Justine Wotton (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1752 393150 for further information. The closing date for all applications is 26th June 2017.
Apply for IT Support Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly