Area Director - Northampton & Warwickshire
Area Director, Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options; you can progress to senior management or specialise in other areas such as strategy, planning or design. We also have national and global opportunities in Risk, Marketing, HR, IT, Commercial banking to name a few.
This role offers an attractive reward package, flexible benefits, pension and employee discounts.
In this role, you will:
• Lead HSBC branches and teams from across the Networks, Wealth & Premier business lines to provide a range of services to HSBC customers, supporting every life events, from opening an account, going to university, saving and buying a new home, to retirement.
• Create and encourage a positive, forward thinking team inspired by Excellence, Customer Value & Service Delivery
• Pro-actively drive regional and area activity and act as a line manager to the areas retail branch managers to provide strategic direction and delivery of superior service within the area and region for both our customers and people
• Provide essential strategic, pragmatic and inspiration leadership / coaching to motivate and develop the area team
• Work effectively alongside key members of the regional team with prime accountability for contribution towards regional performance
• Lead the way in the regional implementation of our Customer First culture whilst operating a risk awareness network to manage conduct and operational risk
• Manage operational risk ensuring compliance with in/external regulation and requirements.
• Treat Customers Fairly at the heart of all that you do.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
• Proven, progressive and broad based retail banking experience or equivalent and proven ability of team leadership, performance management and coaching high performance teams.
• Knowledge of regulations impacting personal financial services activities & have led best practise in Risk & Compliance management.
• A track record of identifying and delivering strategic business plans proven to have improved business effectiveness in sustainable ways.
• Proven experience of leading & motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results.
• Experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
• Dealt effectively with highly complex commercial information and business challenges to create strategic business plans which effectively deliver results.
• Applicants should be nationally mobile however the greatest proportion of their time will be spent in their own area.
• ACIB or equivalent professional / retail qualification is desirable but not essential.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. The availability of these options can be discussed with the recruitment team as part of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
Salary: . Date posted: 12/06/2017