Lecturers of Health & Social Care
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach across a range of Foundation and Health & Social Care courses. As well as being an inspiring lecturer with the ability to enable all learners to reach their true potential, you will be good at motivating reluctant or challenging learners and will have experience of teaching students with a learning disability or who are on the autistic spectrum.
You will hold an appropriate subject qualification to degree level along with a Level 5 teaching qualification such as the Diploma in Education and Training (formerly DTLLS) or equivalent or willingness to obtain it.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach and assess on courses including Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care and Higher National Certificate in Health and Social Care.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain one.
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, e.g. a qualified nurse or social worker.
- Has relevant NHS, Private Sector or Social Services experience.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Health & Social Care, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 19 th June 2017
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 26 th June and 30 th June