International Financial Accountant
7 days left
- Full Time
International Financial Accountant
All accounting for the business and finance support for the operations in Netherlands over 5 legal
entities and an annual turnover of €30 million.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete the month end close to predefined targets and produce financial results for the business
- All duties to be in line with SOX reporting requirements.
- Ensure all journals required are posted and correctly approved in line with SOX
- Review monthly accounts with Business FP&A manager
- Consolidate and report results to Group to required deadlines
- Ensure the wages and salaries are integrated into the GL and payroll control accounts are reconciled monthly
- Ensure quarterly VAT returns are reconciled to general ledger
- Where applicable ensure stock and GRNI reports are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Hold quarterly reviews of all provisions including bad debt and stock
- Reconcile all control accounts to predefined timescales
- Analyse asset additions and disposals
- Proactively manage the inter-company accounts to ensure they are agreed with other businesses
- Preparation of year end and tax information packs
- Manage the relationship with the external auditors
Reporting & Analysis.
·Ensure coding of purchase requisitions and journals are correct to ensure analysis is correct.
·Ensure a consistency across the business in the use of the chart of accounts.
·Liaise with the FP&A manager to review accuracy against budget, forecast and previous periods.
- Ensure that all the bank accounts are reconciled and older items cleared
- Provide full analysis for all balance sheet accounts that are highlighted by control rules
- Work with sales ledger to improve the accuracy and speed of customer invoicing
- Work with purchase ledger and sites to improve the turnaround of supplier invoices
- Improve the functionality and use of financial processes and systems in a manner that delivers efficiencies without degrading the necessary controls framework
- Work across the team to improve the processes and procedures within the department
- Ensure sites can provide the correct invoicing to customers
- Ensure all administrative process and controls at sites are in place and staff are fully trained and aware of their responsibilities
- Work with both internal and external audit as requested
Working with the Business
·Work with Operations Director & FP&A Manager to drive increased profitability.
·Ensure cost centre managers fully understand their accounts.
·Highlight potential costs savings.
·Control and challenge all requests for small value capital or lease requirements ensuring compliance to relevant protocols.
·Provide finance training and support to sites where identified
- Provide input and challenge to the FP&A Manager with their production and consolidation of budgets including balance sheet and cashflow.
·Employees shall be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) to ensure that the agreed health and safety training shall be mandatory for all members of staff.
·Undertake any reasonable requests associated with finance that Steris management request.
·Finance professionals are responsible for the continuation of their own professional development requirements.
·Qualified Accountant/ Passed Finalist (ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA)
·Self motivated and enthusiastic
·Strong financial accounting and control experience
·Can work under pressure
·Good planning and organisational skills
·Excellent attention to detail
·Ability to work in partnership with business managers
·Excellent Excel skills
·Ability to travel outside the UK
·Educated to degree level or equivalent
·Dutch Speaker to a high commercial standard
·Ability to communicate efficiently in Dutch via the written word
·Evidence of identifying issues and developing solutions
·Good negotiating skills
·From an operational or contract service environment
·People management experience
Apply for International Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly