Field Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Derby (This position will be based in the field but would prefer you to live in the Nottingham or Derby area.)
The company is an established and successful company. It is a well-known brand in the industry, renowned for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. The company is a part of Danaher Corporation - a global Fortune 500 organisation with annual revenue close to $20 billion and a team of 71,000 employees world-wide.
The company is an innovative, fast-paced and results-oriented. By joining the company you will become a part of a winning team and will receive the best training and support to ensure that as a company we supply highest quality products and services to our customers.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation, service, repair and maintenance of our full range of coding and marking products throughout the UK with limited additional travel to Ireland.
You will respond to breakdowns on customer sites, quickly performing maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on units to guarantee that machines operate to the required standards.
Striving to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, you'll work closely with the Customer Service/Field Team to implement standard work & processes to further improve support to our customers.
Additionally, you'll provide customers with basic product and user functionality training, using your strong communication skills to deliver training that is accessible and understandable.
This role may include, pre-arranged occasional nights away from home.
- Provide on-site installation, validation and commissioning of the full product range
- Perform hands on site troubleshooting, service and repairs
- Provide high level technical support to external customers
- Provide comprehensive on-site training to customers
- Interface with cross functional teams such as Customer Engineering, Customer Solutions Team, Product management and Marketing
- Timely and professionally handle field service calls and issues arising from field service visits
- Timely complete and submit all required paperwork
- Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions
- Misc. other duties commensurate with the capabilities of a Field Service Engineer
- At least three years' experience gained within a customer service or field service role
- A proven track record of working in a field service capacity, gained within a customer focused environment
- An ONC level qualification in electronics/electro-mechanical, or a relevant technical discipline
- A full driving licence
- Proactive and hands-on, as a Field Service Engineer, you must be confident working in customer-facing environments and have an analytical mind-set with excellent organisational and time management skills.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, JCB Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer, Plant Equipment Engineer, Plant Machinery Engineer, Commercial Plant Engineer, Fault Repair Engineer, Electrical Engineering, ACS Gas, Electro-Mechanical Engineer will also be considered for this role.