Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Manager (Rail Vehicle Maintenance)
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for an experienced engineering professional with a solid understanding and previous experience of managing electrical and mechanical rail vehicle maintenance activities and depot operations.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. Arriva TrainCare is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviors at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva';
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will the role entail?
Reporting to the Depot Manager, as Service Delivery Manager you'll be responsible for the management of the production and service delivery workload of all staff at the Crewe depot. Duties to include;
- Pre-planning of operational movements and efficient depot throughput
- Carrying out risk assessments and accident, incident and disciplinary investigations
- People management, identifying and managing all training requirements for all direct reports
- Implementing customer requirements, striving for exemplary customer service
- Managing and coordinating contractors on site
- Ensuring that work locations are fit for purpose and compliant with relevant standards
- Operating rail vehicles as required
What will I need to be considered for this Service Delivery Manager role?
- Previous experience of managing rail vehicle light maintenance activities and depot operations
- Full understanding of rail vehicle maintenance activities, both electrical and mechanical
- NVQ Level 3 Engineering certificate - Rail Traction and Rolling Stock preferred, plus PTS certified
- Recognised management qualification, ILM level (or equivalent) or working towards
- Competence Assessor A1 / A2 trained or working towards
- Sound knowledge of railway reporting systems i.e. Equinox, SAP, Maximo, Ravers 2 and Nexala
- Good knowledge of Business Improvement such as 5S, Lean processes and Kaizen
- Strong people management and supervisory skills
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Strong IT skills, fully conversant with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a positive attitude and adaptive to change
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £44,513 per annum
Attractive Benefits: 34 days annual leave including bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare vouchers.
Working Hours Average of 40.5 hours per week, 6pm to 6am working 4 on, 4 off shift roster
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Crewe (Cheshire)
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
This Service Delivery Manager (Rail Vehicle Maintenance) vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Arriva TrainCare requests for no recruitment agency contact please.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and Interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.