Summary of Position
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for managing and directing the activities of the Operatives in their team to meet the requirements agreed for the customer. This will involve managing the day to day activities on their section as well as more long term developments to help improve the businesses (continuous improvement).
- To liaise with the Site Manager to understand the overall site production requirements and organise the Team's daily activities accordingly to ensure overall production targets are met and that customer satisfaction levels are maximised.
- Motivate and lead the Team and provide clear communication and instructions so that Operatives know what is required of them
- To develop the Team's capabilities in all areas of production to increase cross-skilling and in turn the overall level of flexibility within the workforce (across the site, not limited to just within section). Ensure any training and development is tracked on the skills matrix to ensure the business has an up to date picture of individual's capabilities.
- Look for areas of improvement and work with appropriate people (Site Manager, Engineering, Quality etc.) to implement any areas of improvement. Also to share any areas of best practice with other Team Leaders or sites, where appropriate.
- Conduct first stages of all personnel procedures including performance appraisals, performance management, and attendance management as well as disciplinary and grievance procedures. Where the first stage has been conducted the Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the matter is escalated to the appropriate person.
- To conduct inductions with all new Team Members to ensure they have had appropriate training for their role and that they are properly integrated in to the Team.
- To lead by example and act as a flexible member of the Team by carrying out direct production tasks where required to ensure delivery of targets to the timescales required.
- Ensure all quality procedures are followed, including special care points as well as conducting ‘first-off' and ‘last-off' checks.
- Make sure that all employees are aware of all Health & Safety guidelines for the section and that these are followed at all times.
- Provide regular updates against the production schedule to the Site Manager and highlighting any potential problems so that they can be resolved before impacting on production.
- Conduct regular team briefs to ensure that Operatives are kept updated about overall site/business performance as well any Company news.