Sales Manager/Sales Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and driven Sales Manager/Sales Engineer to join a pair of well-established Australian manufacturers of automotive parts (disc brakes and clutches) who are currently looking for further expansion by establishing a combined distribution network in the UK and Ireland.
You will be expected to meet your own sales objectives and targets as well as deliver regular reports. Understanding these specific product categories and generally the automotive distribution industry is crucial for this position. Previous sales experience and the ability to bring new sales is essential. Expertise in braking systems and clutches is a distinct advantage.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be required to frequently visit existing and potential new customers across the UK and Ireland and occasionally attend trade shows and motorsport events.
While you will be a member of an international team of specialists you will need to be able to work independently and report effectively.
Your duties will involve:
- As an experienced Sales Manager/Sales Engineer, you will work to produce a deliverable sales strategy and be responsible for meeting the sales targets.
- You will work closely with the marketing team in regard to the development of an overall marketing strategy for the UK and Ireland.
- Establish & maintain relationships with the existing and new customers as well as provide technical support to them.
- Undertake competitors' analysis and monitor their activity.
- You will generate your own leads from calls and contacts made with potential customers on a daily basis and you will also participate in activities such as trade shows focused on generating leads.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record in Business Development within the Automotive industry.
- Previous experience (commercial or technical) within Motorsport / Performance & Tuning is preferred.
- Must be computer literate, comfortable using Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Positive, resilient, self-motivated and target focused individual. Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with clients.
- Highly confident in presenting yourself and the products
- Some personal contacts(s) from within the Motorsport Performance & Tuning industry are preferred.
- Must hold a full UK driving license.