Deputy Children's Home Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Deputy Children's Home Manager for the Oldbury area of West Midlands.
You will be enthusiastic, resilient, with a commitment to children to join our team and be someone who can provide excellent leadership and guidance to your team. Previous experience of working with children or young adults is essential.
Working for an independent provider specialising in providing care and support for children and Young Adults age 8-18 years of age who have challenging behaviour, autism, ADHD, Asperger's or mild to moderate Learning Disabilities, these children may also have suffered trauma, sexually exploitation or suffered abuse at an early age. You will be an excellent role model, have massive empathy, patience, and the dedication to give to our young people who we support and your team.
The Children we support need consistency and someone they can trust. As the Deputy Children's Home Manager, your responsibility will be to assist the Registered Manager of the Residential Service in the day to day running of the service and the care and support of our young people.
You will be part of a team working with children and young people supporting them with all aspects of care and education. You will have a minimum of 1 year Senior/ Team Leader Residential Care Worker experience. Your role will be to support the management function of the home, deputising in their absence. A clear understanding of legislation and evidence of leading a team are essential.
Rates of pay & Hours
- £20,000 £23,000 per annum (negotiable DOE), plus Ofsted based bonus
- Full time hours- Including day, evening and night shifts
Experience required to be our Deputy Children's Home Manager
- We offer excellent ongoing training and support you must have a minimum of QCF Level 3
- 1 years senior/ team leader experience or above.
- You must be willing to work towards your QCF Level 5 in Leadership and Management.
- An excellent understanding of policies, procedures, and legislation.
- A Previous background of working with Children or Young People is essential.
- Full UK Drivers Licence is essential.
There will be plenty of opportunity to progress and we offer excellent training and development opportunities. We have a number of homes across West Birmingham and Wolverhampton. If you have the ambition, we will give you the opportunity!