Job Title: Communications Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £41,000 Depending On Experience
Our client is the UK's National Governing Body for the sport of Gymnastics, dedicated to developing gymnasts, coaches and clubs across a range of disciplines.
Our client wants to develop and expand its Communications capability to drive positive outcomes using communication strategies and best practice to influence customer perception and experience resulting in an appreciation of the company.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and manage the Communications function and service
- Optimise the Communications service function within the Marketing & Communications Department to establish a best practice service operation. Create recommendations and present to Head of Marketing and Communications, key colleagues for approval and manage transition and education as appropriate.
- Working with stakeholders, recommend and create communication guidelines and governance to protect and manage customer relationships and brand reputation. Manage the organisation's communications runway as appropriate balancing governance with empowering departments.
- Recommend new communication tools and software to senior management as appropriate
- Develop guidelines, templates and training to support consistent writing and presentation layouts, working with the Brand Advocacy manager.
- Manage Communications workload assigning responsibilities and supporting the output.
- Line manages the Communications Officer and supports their development. Support the line management of the Communications Coordinator.
- In partnership with HR, help develop social media guidelines for staff.
- Monitor and liaise with third party suppliers related to communications tools and software.
- Develop relationships with Home Nations and regional Communication representatives and work with
- Head of Marketing and Communications to make recommendations to senior management of how to work with these parties to align communications activity, develop subsequent strategies and plans as appropriate.
- Oversee and direct regional communication activity undertaken by the company's staff and provide active guidance and support as appropriate with regional Communication teams.
- Contribute to the management of the Communications budget and forecasting
- The role holder will work with the Head of Marketing and Communications to deliver on this strategy to improve the company's communications and agree the programme of work, but they will lead and project manages the programme of work and action plans.
This role requires the holder to have a knowledge and expertise in Communications strategies and developing sophisticated communication plans, including smart related software/applications and analytics tools. A working understanding of the media and experience in working with media and relations, advanced English language skills; intermediate IT skills.
It is anticipated that the role holder will have a Degree (or equivalent) in Media Studies, Journalism, English or other appropriate discipline; and evidence of prior experience managing Communications in other organisations.
Track record of successfully supporting departments/functions within a business in improving internal and external communications, drawing upon effective consulting skills, project management and communications expertise
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter for this role
Candidates with experience of; PR Coordinator, PR Executive, Public Relations Coordinator, Public Relations Executive, PR Supervisor, Communications Director, Public Relations, Head of PR, PR, Marketing, Head of Communications, Public Relations Manager, Comms Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Communications, Communications Manager, Press Manager, PR Consultant, PR Director will be considered for this role.