Product and Packaging Developer
Product & Packaging Developer
Magna Specialist Confectioners, based in Telford, manufacture approximately 12,000 tonnes of chocolate moulded confectionery, supplying many of UK's largest confectionery brand owners.
New products make up the majority of the business' growth and sales opportunities each year and are therefore an important part of the change activity. We wish to recruit a Product and Packaging Developer who will lead individual projects in the development of specific products and will have a specific role in the packaging development of the new product.
- Core NPD activities will ensure that milestones and key project deliverables are defined and communicated.
- Work within in a cross functional project teams (Engineering, Operations, Technical) ensuring project plans are being maintained and where activities are not meeting expected deliverables that this is communicated through the product status risk report.
- Work with suppliers and customers to develop, maintain and update packaging and product specifications - to make certain that the end product is fit-for-factory
- Arrange and oversee customer attended trials and first production sign-off
- Ensure the smooth launch and delivery of new products
- Ability to establish plans, determine priorities and someone who is proactive and not scared off by detail.
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Confident communicator within a mixed muiti-skilled team, including customers and confident under pressure.
Who would be suited to this role
- Graduates from a food science, food technology, manufacturing management or business management degrees
- 2:1 degree level, A-levels of C and above and GCSE passes of Grades C and above
What we can offer
- Exposure in a highly regarded & profitable chocolate confectionery co-manufacturing business
- Exposure in all the different business activities necessary to develop and manufacture products for both existing and new products for major brand owners
- Exposure to our customers development and commercial teams
- A role in a forward looking highly invested chocolate confectionery business
- Starting GBP21,420 with potential to earn GBP28,728 as competence is demonstrated.
- Company benefits include auto-enrolment pension
- After a years' service benefits include extra week's holiday, life cover, health cash plan plus flexible benefits.
- If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your CV to stating the job you are interested in.