Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
Hours of work: 4on/4off 12hr shift patterns which includes Nights/Days and weekends
Location: Telford, Shropshire TF3 3BH.
This role starts as a Temporary position, with an opportunity of a Permanent position when the validation process is complete.
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join our production team based in Telford. The right candidate will be required to work a rotating shift pattern that will involve Days / Nights and weekends. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Deploy and manage a team of General and Machine Operators on a packing line
- Ensure the operators work to the defined standards of performance and behaviour
- Measure and record the lines performance taking appropriate actions where necessary
- Organise and complete product changeovers within the standard planned time
- Support the Supervisor to achieve the shifts KPIs and to escalate issues to promptly
- Complete all quality control documentation accurately and clearly
- 100% compliance with Food Safety Regulations, quality, housekeeping and safety systems
- Capable of learning and running packaging machinery in conjunction with Team Leader role
Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate that they have the following key skills and traits, which will enable them to be effective in the role of Team Leader:
- Possess good leadership and managerial skills
- A team player
- Good motivator
- A responsible attitude
- Professional and Positive
- Remaining calm under pressure
- Confident when speaking to and challenging team
- Effective communicator - written and verbal
- Strong sense of honesty and Integrity
- Good level of numeracy
- Be able to use computer or IT equipment proficiently
Previous experience in a similar role or in a food based manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
What is on offer:-
- Potential to earn GBP25,800 (includes flexibility payment)
- Pay increases as experience and competence signed off.
- Pension - Auto enrolment
- After a year's continuous service and validation, may be an opportunity to gain extra weeks holiday
- Benefits - health cash plan after a year's service
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your CV to stating the job you are interested in.