St Paul's Nursery
Qualified Nursery Officer
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week. A shift pattern is employed to cover the operational day (6.55am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday).
The Nursery Manager through the Deputy Manager and head of room.
The children and students within a designated area.
To assist in providing a happy, secure, safe, culturally sensitive child-care service.
The main task of the Qualified Nursery Officer is to provide care for the children using the nursery. Duties will include:
- To provide imaginative presentation of play equipment in order to ensure stimulation.
- To ensure that the children's basic needs are met, e.g. adequately clothed and fed.
- To liase with parents in order that a continuation of care is maintained.
- To promote the work of the nursery to prospective parents/carers, current service users and other potential users.
- To keep daily progress records of children within your group in consultation with the senior staff in your area.
- To act as a key person for a named group of children within the area in which you are based.
- To work alongside qualified staff, accepting advice when appropriate.
- To contribute to, participate in and attend appropriate training courses.
- To observe and report to the Senior Nursery Officer any injuries or emotional disturbances.
- To assist with medical emergencies in the nursery, to ensure all accidents are noted in the accident book and to seek advice from the Senior/Deputy staff when necessary.
- To be aware of and follow all nursery rules and procedures.
- To ensure the main entrance door is firmly locked at all times and report any breaches of security to a senior member of staff immediately.
- To attend monthly staff meetings.
- To participate in parents evening, open days and any other outside activities which the Nursery Manager considers important.
Job descriptions can never be fully descriptive of unforeseen circumstances. It is expected of staff that they will respond favourably to changing circumstances and emergencies if and when they arise and carry out appropriate duties delegated to them to deal with these.
Please note that the nursery operates a strict No Smoking Policy.