Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Main purpose of the job:
To install, maintain and repair all machinery across Telford site to ensure minimum downtime and disruption to the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Electrical fault finding, diagnosis and repair of equipment using the appropriate test equipment and tools.
- Respond immediately to any breakdowns which occur, complete fault finding and diagnostics and fix any faults where possible or arrange for the installation of replacements.
- Conduct all planned preventative maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with the management team, and relevant staff to inform them of any problems or concerns regarding the run ability of the plant.
- Electrical installation of new plant and machinery.
- Implement and develop new processes to resolve maintenance faults and repeat issues.
- Ensure all machinery is safe and fit for purpose.
- Complete periodic PAT testing, down loading and recording data.
- Complete regular testing of fire detection equipment and emergency lighting carrying out any repairs required.
- In conjunction with the Chief Electrical Engineer maintain minimum stock levels of essential spare parts used on the presses, plate machinery, mail room equipment and consumables for all sites.
- Assist the Chief Electrical Engineer with the schedule of services to machinery according to manufacturer's guidelines with outside contractors ensuring that the services completed have been carried out satisfactorily.
- Operate with a continuous improvement focus and highlight any areas, inefficiencies to the Group Engineering Manager.
- Complete any project work either individually, or as part of a team.
- Operate at all times in accordance with health and safety guidelines and actively promote safe working practices.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required.
17th edition is required.
Days 8-4 but must be flexible to cover night shift for holiday or sick cover.