Health Care Assistant
Health Care Assistant - Ref: OSCA69
37 hours - term time only
Salary: Range: 11 - 17
All year salary £15,507 - £17,547 (Pro rata to term time)
We are looking for caring, empathetic people who can support our young people with their personal, medical and emotional needs and to enable their development of life skills. The ability to keep clear and accurate records is essential. Ideally you will be a driver with a full clean licence who is a team player but able to work independently and have good communication skills. A first aid certificate is required.
Purpose of the job:
- Looking after and supporting the health and wellbeing of our students and attending to their medical, physical and personal care needs.
- To develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences for all students.
- To be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students following courses taught.
Experience, Knowledge & Understanding
- Relevant voluntary or employed experience such as St. John's Ambulance or Red Cross, in a School environment, in the Scouts or Guides or other Youth Groups.
- Knowledge of child protection.
- Knowledge and understanding of the health needs of school children.
- Understanding and knowledge of children's development.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of carrying out immunisation and screening programmes.
- Managing medical conditions.
- Promotion of good health and wellbeing in children and young people.
A full job description and application form are available on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 19th May and interviews will be held the following week.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Broad Way, High Heath, Pelsall, Walsall. WS4 1BW Principal Stuart Turnball
Telephone 01922 685777 email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www,scacademy.co.uk