Apprentice Security Systems Engineer
Vacancy Reference: SEC-APP-KS-2004
Job Title: Apprentice Security Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Location: Field-Based - North West / Central / West Midlands
Salary: £16,000-£18,000 per annum DOE
Benefits: 20 days' holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays; AE Pension; Company Vehicle & Fuel Card; Mobile Phone; Uniform & PPE; Training & Development
You're a doer, a fixer, a hand's on let's sort this outer..
You're a Servestian.
At Servest we like to roll up our sleeves and get the job done. We get to know our customer, to understand their business, to deliver specialised solutions that work for them. Our Security Division operates within the commercial and constructions sectors, offering our clients solutions for intruder alarms, CCTV, door entry, access control and perimeter alarms.
Our business is growing quickly, and that's where you come in!
There's no place for false alarms, dodgy detectors or loss of connectivity on our watch!
We're looking for outstanding, enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals whose natural ability to get the job done, quickly and efficiently whilst delighting our customers will ensure that dealing with the inconvenience of a security systems fault or having a new system installed, is in fact, no issue at all.
Whilst we'd love it if you have previous experience of working with electrics or electronics, it's not essential. If perhaps you've worked with or studied electrical principles, you may find it really helpful, but it's your ambition, drive, flexibility and work-ethic which we are really looking for!
You'll have previous experience in a customer-focussed role and will be practical and technically minded. You'll be a true team player, willing to go the extra mile and muck in where needed to get the job done. You'll have an outstanding attitude, be hungry to learn and develop and be the very best Engineer you can be. You're ambitious and chomping at the bit to get in, crack on and start building your career and we love that!
As an Apprentice Security Systems Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
- To support the Senior Engineer in his duties, to install and maintain security systems - to include CCTV, Intruder, Access Control and Fire for commercial key accounts clients
- Responding to reactive call-outs to customers' premises
- Alongside the Senior Engineer, you will conduct adequate planning to ensure that all jobs attended can be carried out with the minimum disruption and with a mind to completion in the shortest timescale possible
- Maintaining van stock records and client asset registers
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- A fantastic attitude - You're ambitious, enthusiastic and committed
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a field-based team; supporting your colleagues to deliver customer satisfaction
- Technically minded and practical, you will excel in hands on roles where you need to think on your feet and problem-solve - If you thrive under pressure, that'd be great!
- Experience of working in a customer facing role will enable you to build relationships with our clients
- An understanding of electrical or electronic engineering principles would be advantageous but is not essential
- Dedication, a desire to learn, develop and succeed!
- Flexible and adaptable, you will be ever ready to react and respond in an effort to deliver the very best possible service, always aiming for a “first-time-fix”
- A full, clean driving licence in essential
- Our preference would be for candidates who have achieved a minimum of a grade C or above in English, Maths and Science at GCSE level, or equivalent
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:00 but you will be expected to travel for up to two hours either side of you start / end time dependent upon the location of call outs. Your flexibility will be essential to allow us to meet the needs of customers and our business.
We will support you to gain your Electronic Security & Emergency Systems qualification at levels 2 & 3 and will enable you to take time out of the business to attend day release for your studies. We will provide you with a company vehicle, fuel card, uniform, basic tools and a phone / palm-held device.
*** Suitable candidates will be invited to attend an assessment day on Tuesday 16th May in Birmingham ***
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to email@example.com
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***