Lecturer in Biology
Full time and part time applications are invited to work across our clients Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stafford sites. The ability to teach another Science at level 3 would be an advantage.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach Biology on A Level, Level 3 BTEC and Access programmes. You will hold an appropriate subject qualification to degree level along with a Level 5 teaching qualification such as DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach on the agreed A Level, L3 BTEC and Access programmes.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS)
- Has a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Biology, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 14th May with interviews to be held during week commencing 22 nd May.