Bench Fitter - Nights
6 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for operation of manual machines and hand tools to finish machined components and fabricated assemblies.
Batch sizes typically 1-20 off.
This role would suit someone with a keen eye for detail, and close work. Some inspection and reporting is required.
Operations to include:
Detailing & de-burring of machined components
Tapping, by hand or with tapping machines
Saddling of tubes to create fitment utilizing hand tools
Seal Face creation on machined components
Wet blast of machined components
Bead Blast of fabrications
Sanding and creating uniform surface finish
Weld Burn removal
Insert fitting, Helicoil and Tappex Inserts.
Maintenance sheets for allocated equipment
Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management.
Highly Skilled Level (4):
Skill: As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
Job Complexity: Works on assignments requiring considerable judgement and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
Supervision: Determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
Experience & Education: Requires machine shop / Bench Fitting Experience, comprehensive knowledge and understanding processes involved in bench fitting.
The application of engineering principles and the performance of related operations.
Completion of a formal apprenticeship program.
Benefits / Salary Package
1. Apprentice Trained Rate £12.28/hr, Non-Apprentice Trained rate £11.62/hr ) + 25% for night shift working)
2. 39hrs Standard working week
3. Monday to Thursday on 4 x 10 hour night shifts.
4. All overtime at 1.5 x base rate
5. Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
6. Sick Pay after 12 months continuous employment, 12 weeks payable within any 12 month period
7. Attendance Bonus, currently £540 / yr paid in January, rules apply
8. 25 Days holiday + 8 Stats
9. Stock and Shares Purchase scheme